Making Pea Soup with Leftover Ham YouTube
One of my many favourites, this split pea and ham soup is made from scratch. Slow simmering the ham or bacon bone for hours with veggies to make a delicious base before adding the peas. In a large saucepan, heat oil. Add celery, carrot and onions. Stir until soft then add the water, ham bone…... A bowl of a good split pea soup is pure comfort food and a great way to enjoy that leftover ham bone! As with a lot of roasts I sometimes think that I have more fun with the ham leftovers than the initial meal and I always like to start off with that precious ham bone!
Repurposing Leftover Ham and Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
Instead of cooking diced ham with the onions and carrots, just and the whole bone with the leftover ham on it when you add the peas and broth. Once the soup is done cooking, remove the ham and bone. When it’s cooled enough to handle, remove the meat from the bone, dice it up, and add it to the soup, discarding the bone....I buy a ham now and then partially because I want the ham bone! Split pea soup is one of my favorite things to make with it. If you have a ham bone but don’t want to make soup right away, you can just freeze the ham bone and make soup later.
Can I still use this ham bone for split pea soup? Home
This Split Pea and Ham Soup is the perfect meal to use up leftover baked ham (but don’t worry there is an option to use ham steak as well)! It’s a comfort meal in a bowl: warm, hearty and so delicious! how to remember phonetic alphabet 30/12/2006 · Chef's Note “I make this every time I make a holiday ham to use up the leftovers. It smells so wonderful as it cooks and pleases even the so-called pea haters in my family.. How to make the best slime without glue
Homemade Pea Soup with Ham Bone Recipe
- Leftover Split Pea and Ham Soup recipe – All recipes
- Homemade Pea Soup with Ham Bone Recipe
- Can I still use this ham bone for split pea soup? Home
- Leftover Ham Bone and Black Eyed Pea Soup TST
"This is a good way to use leftover ham, quite inexpensive, and VERY tasty. I hope that you enjoy it. Some people like to add carrots or other types of vegetables.
- The ham was cooked and served on New Years Day. Now, a week later, I have finally wrested custody of it from my SO. My plan was to make split pea soup with it.
- One of my many favourites, this split pea and ham soup is made from scratch. Slow simmering the ham or bacon bone for hours with veggies to make a delicious base before adding the peas. In a large saucepan, heat oil. Add celery, carrot and onions. Stir until soft then add the water, ham bone…
- That ham bone is perfect to make split pea soup. Spilt pea soups conquers up childhood memories of eating Campbell’s soup. For some reason, although I never really liked peas as a kid, I loved the taste of this soup.
- Instead of using a ham hock, a leftover ham bone works just fine. Fresh or dried herbs and spices really punch up the flavor of split pea soup. Rosemary and sage add pungent, piney aromatics, smoked paprika lends additional smokiness, marjoram adds an earthy woodiness, and tarragon gives off a pleasing anise flavor.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: O'connor ACT, Mt Crawford ACT, Isabella Plains ACT, Moncrieff ACT, Waramanga ACT, ACT Australia 2649
- New South Wales: Kareela NSW, Bygalorie NSW, Luddenham NSW, Bow Bowing NSW, Euroka NSW, NSW Australia 2065
- Northern Territory: Kakadu NT, Mutitjulu NT, Kakadu NT, Hughes NT, Wanguri NT, Kaltukatjara NT, NT Australia 0839
- Queensland: Gracemere QLD, Jambin QLD, Yalboroo QLD, Mt Morgan QLD, QLD Australia 4044
- South Australia: Rosslyn Park SA, Mount Mary SA, Myponga Beach SA, Keilira SA, Corny Point SA, Beaumont SA, SA Australia 5095
- Tasmania: Colebrook TAS, Lucaston TAS, Hellyer TAS, TAS Australia 7083
- Victoria: Doncaster East VIC, Esmond VIC, Jack River VIC, Clarendon VIC, Glenburn VIC, VIC Australia 3008
- Western Australia: Redmond WA, Ocean Beach WA, Kondinin WA, WA Australia 6089
- British Columbia: Clinton BC, Duncan BC, Williams Lake BC, Port Moody BC, Lions Bay BC, BC Canada, V8W 6W1
- Yukon: Faro YT, Klukshu YT, Barlow YT, Klondike YT, Mason Landing YT, YT Canada, Y1A 7C8
- Alberta: Olds AB, Halkirk AB, Coutts AB, Rockyford AB, Warner AB, Elnora AB, AB Canada, T5K 9J7
- Northwest Territories: Jean Marie River NT, Tuktoyaktuk NT, Deline NT, Aklavik NT, NT Canada, X1A 6L4
- Saskatchewan: Broderick SK, Langenburg SK, Tribune SK, Fosston SK, Pleasantdale SK, Cut Knife SK, SK Canada, S4P 3C8
- Manitoba: Stonewall MB, Altona MB, Arborg MB, MB Canada, R3B 2P6
- Quebec: Macamic QC, Boisbriand QC, Price QC, Dollard-des-Ormeaux QC, Waterville QC, QC Canada, H2Y 4W4
- New Brunswick: Cocagne NB, Chipman NB, Alma NB, NB Canada, E3B 3H5
- Nova Scotia: Windsor NS, East Hants NS, Dominion NS, NS Canada, B3J 3S7
- Prince Edward Island: Brackley PE, Hope River PE, Sherbrooke PE, PE Canada, C1A 7N6
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Little Bay NL, L'Anse-au-Loup NL, Anchor Point NL, Bird Cove NL, NL Canada, A1B 9J3
- Ontario: Lakeshore ON, Garden River ON, Aylmer ON, Parry Sound, Macville ON, Nenagh ON, Nellie Lake ON, ON Canada, M7A 2L4
- Nunavut: Frobisher Bay (Iqaluit) NU, Pangnirtung NU, NU Canada, X0A 4H7
- England: Exeter ENG, Redditch ENG, Worcester ENG, Coventry ENG, Hartlepool ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 2A2
- Northern Ireland: Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Bangor NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Bangor NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 8H6
- Scotland: Dundee SCO, Dunfermline SCO, Edinburgh SCO, Kirkcaldy SCO, East Kilbride SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 9B8
- Wales: Newport WAL, Neath WAL, Swansea WAL, Wrexham WAL, Swansea WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 7D2